If you are so inclined by Indian spicy foods try cooking Prawn Balchao. Enjoy the spice!
- 500 grams peeled,de-veined fresh prawns
- 2 tbsps dried prawns,roasted and powdered
- 5 big onions ,finely chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups oil
- 200 grams sugar
- A few curry leaves
- Salt to taste
For the pasteEdit
- 20 Kashmire chillies without stems
- 2-inch piece of ginger
- 20 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsps mustard seeds
- 2 tbsps cumin seeds
- 2 tsps black pepper
- Pat dry the cleaned prawns and soak it in one cup of vinegar for half an hour. Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Fry the curry leaves,onions and spice paste until it is well cooked. Add the rest of the ingredients(all the ingredients given in the Ingredients list ) and the fresh prawns with vinegar.(But make sure that you've kept it for half an hour)
- Lower the flame and stir cook till the oil comes to the surface.(May be for a further 5 to 7 minutes )
- Add salt to the taste. Serve it with hot bread or as a pickle and enjoy.
- Soaking in vinegar is a good method to preserve the prawns in the pickle,
- Don't be tempted yo use frozen prawns for this recipe they will turn rock hard after cooking.
Shared with explicit permission of the wikiHow author.