Want to make sweet, tasty Potato Dauphinoise.Well you have come to the right place.Here is the recipe for making Potato Dauphinoise.
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 clove garlic,crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 200 ml cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Lightly grease shallow oven-proof dish with butter and sprinkle the crushed garlic over.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes.Parboil them in boiling water for one minute.Drain them well.
- Arrange a layer of potato slices in the bottom of the dish.Add salt,pepper and nutmeg for good flavor.
- Whisk together the cream and milk and spread a little evenly over the potato layer.Continue layering the potatoes with the cream and seasoning,finishing with cream topping.
- Bake uncovered at 150 degree Celsius until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve and enjoy.
- If you add the cream only on top of all the potatoes,you will find that the layer at the bottom remains dry.
Shared with explicit permission of the wikiHow author.