Here is the recipe to make tasty and spicy Chicken Croquettes.
- 4 tbsps butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 roast chicken breast chopped
- 1 clove garlic,finely chopped
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- vegetable oil,for deep-frying
- salt and ground black pepper
- fresh parsley,to garnish
- lemon wedges to serve.
For basic thick sauceEdit
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat.Add the flour and cook gently,stirring constantly,for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk whisking constantly to make a smooth,very thick sauce.
- Mix the chicken with the sauce.Season with garlic,salt and pepper to taste.Leave it to cool completely.
Shared with explicit permission of the wikiHow Author
- Shape the mixture to eight even-sized sausages,then dip each in egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry in hot oil for 4 minutes until it becomes crisp and golden.Drain on kitchen paper and serve garnished with parsley and lemon wedges.
- To avoid white sauce turning lumpy make sure you cook the butter and flour properly before adding the milk.